Thursday 17 April 2014

Flora Reviews... Spellbound (Vampire Realm Book 3.1) by Felicity Heaton


(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3661406-spellbound?ac=1)

...So what’s this book about?
This is a novella within the Vampire Realm series. It is book 3.1 and as such, I do feel that you need to have read the previous books in the series to enjoy this one.
The setting is Prophecy’s two night Death Day celebration. She casts a spell from her mother’s spell book to help relax her lover and mate, Valentine and make him her “love slave”. Venturi accidentally walks in on the spell and becomes Prophecy’s love slave too! Oh my!! So, Prophecy has both Valentine and Venturi in her room they are both her willing love slaves.

 ...So, what did I like about it?
I love Felicity Heaton’s writing style, the way she makes the most brutal, harsh and explicit sexual scenes actually romantic – I think she’s a very talented writer.  For me, a story is only really erotic if I’m emotionally connected to the characters involved, Ms Heaton gives her characters such depth that they become real. As always, this story was a page turner and I devoured it in a few hours. Of course, I got caught up with the shenanigans (who wouldn’t *blush*) but the tender insights into Venturi’s emotions and the growth of Valentine and Prophecy’s love were beautiful to read.

...So, ummm, was there anything I disliked about it?
Well, if I’m honest I’m not 100% convinced that Valentine and Venturi should have been as complying because of the history and aggressive rivalry Ms Heaton had previously written about. I’m hoping this threesome, although fun to read, doesn’t actually happen again in the remaining series.

...So, basically what I’m saying is...
I really enjoyed this fun loving novella. It was a nice contrast to the war and battle themes in the previous Vampire Realm books. Spellbound is kind of like Felicity Heaton’s Vampire Erotic Theatre Series, well written erotic thrills.

No comments:

Post a Comment