Saturday 19 April 2014

Flora Reviews... Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1) by Deanna Chase



(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20146998-haunted-on-bourbon-street)

...So what’s this book about?

This is the first book in the Jade Calhoun series and is a unique tale of romance and the different types of relationships we surround ourselves in, it’s full of colourful characters, action and plenty of mystery.

Jade Calhoun has a secret, she is an empath. She moves into an apartment above a strip bar on Bourbon Street, she’s expecting her life to get interesting but what she isn’t expecting is becoming best friends with Pyper, an exotic dancer, sharing her apartment with a powerful poltergeist and falling in love with her sexy landlord, Kane. Life can be a roller-coaster ride and Jade is certainly experiencing the emotional highs and lows in this ghost story!!
 

...So, what did I like about it?
I enjoyed Ms Chase’s writing style in this story. It was contemporary, easy to read and she wrote the characters with depth, their own history and a multitude of emotions that added complex layers to this story. At times throughout, I laughed, I cried and I actually blushed at some of the steamy sex scenes!  This story does have a few plot twists and surprises and although I had realised one of the story’s mysteries, the pace still kept me engaged and kept me turning the pages right up until the end.

...So, ummm, was there anything I disliked about it?
This is the first book in a series, I haven’t read any others yet but I did feel, at times, that a couple of the characters where brought into this book to make them easier to introduce later in the series.

...So, basically what I’m saying is...
I couldn’t put this book down! It is a romance novel but with a paranormal twist, so if you like reading modern love stories with a new age backdrop amidst ghosts, a sprinkling of Wiccans and some mysteries to solve, then give this book a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment