Thursday 12 March 2015

Flora Reviews.... Raven (The Raven Saga #1) by Suzy Turner


   




Darlings Of Darkness: A Vampire Anthology
By Trina M Lee, Chrissy Peebles, Kristen L Middleton, W.J. May, Suzy Turner, K.C. Blake, Claire Farrell, Dale Mayer, Ally Thomas and S.J. Wright.

...So what’s this book about?
This book is a collection of ten “bestselling” full length urban fantasy and paranormal romance stories with the common theme of all the tales being about vampires. I downloaded this Kindle version for free from Amazon UK in the hope of finding some “new to me” authors. 

I haven't finished the whole book yet but I had to let you know about the story that I've just finished.




Book 3 - "Raven" by Suzy Turner.
This is the first book of a Teen/Young Adult series called “The Raven Saga”. As you all may remember me saying before, teen/YA books are not my choice of reading material, I almost ALWAYS find them tedious, frustrating and it becomes increasingly challenging to care about the characters. 

...but boy, was I pleasantly surprised by this book! I loved everything about it; very easy to read and beautifully written from the viewpoint of our thirteen year old main character, Lilly Taylor, but without being juvenile in plot. This story is about family relationships, dealing with tragedy, experiencing first love and heartache, with a paranormal twist that includes werewolves, shifters, witches, vampires and, of course, magic. 

This book made me laugh as well as shed a few tears, I really got involved with Lilly and all of the supporting characters. I liked that some of the story’s mysteries were solved by the end of this book with some happy endings while letting others mysteries remain elusive.
I am duly impressed & will put book 2 “December Moon” and Book 3 “The Lost Soul” on my Goodreads.com “want to read” list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment