Tuesday 1 September 2015

A Challenge to read more... August Series Challenge 2015



Since joining Goodreads I have found many “new to me” authors and series.
I took the site’s general “2014 Reading Challenge” and have signed up again this year. In addition to that I decided to sign up for a few reading challenges that the groups I belong to set.


“Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy” Group is for the discussion and recommendation of paranormal romances and paranormal erotic romance, along with urban fantasy, science fiction, futuristic, and fantasy romance. If you love vampires, werewolves, and hot faery men, this is the group for you. Join up and discuss your favourite books!

If you have questions or concerns, please contact a mod other than Pamela. She unfortunately doesn't have a lot of goodreads time at the moment, and you'll get a quicker response from another mod. Thanks!

We recommend members be over 18, since we do discuss books with adult content, but this is not strictly enforced. Please be aware that there will be adult discussion in this group!


So, this post is all about the monthly reading challenge that the “Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy” group have set for August 2015.


Because August is just too hot to do anything strenuous (you know, like search the bookshelves or even visit a bookstore or library), we are going for a nice simple oldie here.

Read a book from 10 different series. Include the book’s title and author as well as the name of the series and what position it has in the series. E.g. Dragon Actually by A. G. Aikens, (Dragon Kin #1)

August’s Series Challenge each book must be from a different series

1. Man Of My Dreams (The Dream #1) by Gladys Quintal
2. Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness
3. Her Warrior Angel (Her Angel Romance Series #3) by Felicity Heaton
4. Dark Soul (The Legends of Regia #4) by Tenaya Jayne
5. Sourcery (Discworld Novel #5) by Terry Pratchett
6. Shadow Strike (Immortal Guardians #6) by Dianne Duvall
7. A Warrior Wedding (The Protectors Series #7) by Teresa Gabelman
8. Charles (Darkness #8) by K.F. Breene
9. Darkness Possessed (Order of the Blade #9) by Stephanie Rowe
10. Moon Dragon (Vampire for Hire #10) by J.R. Rain

I love these reading challenges, as my regular followers will know – just search my site for reading challenges and see how many results you get!! Lol!

Reading challenges are a fun way to “force” us to look further than our noses, to look past those tried and trusted authors and genres that we always read and step into the world of the unknown… we may experience disappointment but we could discover a new “favourite” author and a plethora of new worlds, characters and tales to sink our teeth into! Isn’t it worth the risk?

This challenge was a tough one for me, I love hunting out new to me authors and over the past year, I’ve found some. But, it seems that the hunt for “new” has meant that I’ve got a lot of books still in my wish list from series where I’ve read the first one or two books, liked them but not bought any more from the series because of my thirst for new. ;-) This reading challenge has helped me to work through that wish list and progress through some of those series!

No comments:

Post a Comment