Friday 12 June 2015

Flora Reviews..... "The Library: Where Life Checks Out" By Carmen DeSousa

  Read from 7th to 8th June, 2015 on my Kindle

I really enjoyed this book - what a great story!

This is a modern day detective story with a nice splash of romance, mystery and a ghostly twist.

I liked the writing style; it was easy to read and the plot (although full of twist & turns) never felt muddled. The storyline & pace had a good balance of tension, humour and facts were revealed to us (the reader) as our main character, Detective Mark Waters, found them out. I was pleased that I couldn't work out "whodunit" as is the case in so many detective novels and enjoyed the unexpected twists!

All of the characters in this story were well thought out and written with depth and the complexities of human characteristics, no-one was just there to add to the numbers or be background scenery, they all had their own stories (some of which I'd like to see feature in other stories) which made them all totally believable and added a further depth to the whole book!

Back in October 2014 I gave 4 stars to the novella The Depot: When Life and Death Cross Tracks" by Carmen DeSousa which also features at the beginning of this book, the story of which takes place 6 months previously and stars our hero Detective Mark Waters. What a bargain - 2 books for the price of 1!!

I will be looking out for more from this author. 
 
 























No comments:

Post a Comment