Sunday 28 June 2015

A challenge to read more... Reading Rainbow (Part 1)



Since joining Goodreads.com I have found many “new to me” authors and series. I took the site’s general “2014 Reading Challenge” and have signed up again this year. In addition to that I decided to sign up for a few reading challenges that the groups I belong to have set it’s members. This post is all about the annual reading challenge that the “Urban Fantasy” Group have set for the whole of this year (2015)…

Your goal: 7 to 38 books, depending on your level
 

Duration: January 1 – December 31, 2015 (Honestly, I originally designed this to be an open-ended challenge that would take however long you need to complete it. So if December rolls around and we’re still not done, we could roll it over into next year.)
 

The rules:
- This challenge is divided into four parts. You may choose to do all parts or only one, two or three parts.
- The books may be from any genre, unless specified otherwise in a category.
- Re-reads are allowed as are books used for other challenges.
- You may post your list up front or as you go and you may make changes as you go.
 
Choose your level:
Fingerpaint – Any one part
Watercolour – Any two parts
Acrylic – Any three parts
Oil – All four parts


PART ONE ~ 7 books
 

Roy G. Biv is an acronym for the order of colours in a rainbow. For each letter, read a book in which the title, series name, or author’s name (first or last) begins with that letter  

R: Stephanie Rowe – Darkness Arisen (Order of the Blade #6)
O: Olivia Hardin – Trolling for Trouble
Y: Samantha Young – Drip Drop Teardrop
G: Teresa Gabelman – Duncan (The Protectors #3)
B: Lexi Blake – Steal the Light (Thieves #1)
I: Ilona Andrews – Of Swine and Roses
V: Victoria Danann – My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan #1)

Have you read any of the above books? I decided to focus on the name of the authors in this part and as always you can see my reviews on Goodreads, some I really liked and some not as much but I love the idea of challenges as they make you source books that you may miss if left to your own devises, a favourite author, book or series could be just around the corner.....

I will post more as I complete each section with the tag/label #ReadingRainbowYearlyChallenge2015 to make it easier for you to find the relevant posts - part 2 is all about the colours of the front covers....
 


Urban Fantasy Group's Reading Rainbow Challenge 2015

Duncan
Darkness Arisen
Of Swine and Roses
Steal the Light
My Familiar Stranger
Trolling for Trouble
Drip Drop Teardrop


*flora*'s favorite books »

No comments:

Post a Comment